Tuesday, June 8, 2010

East Orange Photo Shoot-Sunday, May 23, 2010

Here are the shots from my third open call, it turned out to be the most successful shoot yet! I finally ordered tattoos to use for the NJEQ instead of face paint, which made everything go much smoother (considering I wasn't able to get volunteers this time, I might have still been there painting everyone's face!). It was nice to see those who came with some kind of prop having to do with a hobby or career and others who came with young children. Hope to see more of this at future shoots!
Look for a post this week with some details about the "Equality" art show that my friend and fellow artist, Lisa D'Amico, are putting together for August.....you won't want to miss this art show!


Daniel Koye

I'm a Hair Stylist, Make-up Artist, Wig Designer, Son, Brother, Cousin, Grand child, Friend, Co-Worker, Boss, Helper, Business Owner, Volunteer, Lover. Who just happens to be GAY.



Malicha & Francisca

I'm a 29 year old mother of two. As a mother I thrive on my child's happiness. Wouldn't you as a parent want your child to be happy too?



Camillia Marie Rodriguez

I am a 17 year old student whose friend and uncle are gay. I support gay marriage since marriage is about love between two people. Gay and lesbian couples should have the same rights and privileges that straight couples do.



Lizzette Rodriguez

I'm a 37 year old free bird. I have been around those we call "gay" my entire life, some family members, others friends. My beliefs have always been that no one has the right to dictate to others how we should live and who we should love. No one has the right to judge or deny another their freedom to love whomever they want. It is up to God to judge us. Live and let live, love and let love! Support gay marriage and rights. Equality for all!



Analisia Reyes

I am a full time student, full time bank employee, and a full time believer of happiness and our right to have it. I support gay marriage because we as humans are all made EQUAL. We can't control the way we feel towards others whether it be male or female. How do we know? Have we ever been in love? We tend to judge people easily because we’re not in their shoes. However, it's 2010, and we have no right to prevent happiness from ANYONE. Gay marriage SHOULD be allowed, let's stop this ignorance and stop pretending we don't know any better.










Zanna Haq




Deanna Haq







Jessamine "Minnie" Roman

I am a 30 something year old School Teacher with a background in the Performing Arts, I support gay marriage because love has no color, race or gender preference, I love ALL love...


Cecilia Ceron

Being a part of the NJ Equality campaign is very important to me because I believe everyone has the right to be happy, regardless of gender or sexual preference. I have two best friends and a cousin who are gay whom I love very much. I am a firm believer in not judging people by their way of life but by who they are as a person. When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. So be open to treating everyone equally and support gay marriage. If everyone joins the cause, we can start change here, one person a t a time here in New Jersey!



Gianna DiMatteo

I am 20 year old hairdresser who supports gay marriage. I come from an old school close knit Italian family, growing up my family and I were taught to live life by the books, but what kind of life am I living if I don't believe what I am being taught. I remember being told back in the day that gays were unacceptable in our culture, well why? No one ever answered that question fully; I always got the answer, because being gay is wrong. Well, there are a lot of things that are wrong, and being gay isn't one of them. Everyone is created equal, no matter how you choose to live your life. I have numerous friends, girls and guys, that are gay and they are regular people just like me, and my family. I will always support the gay community.



Gianna & Rey



Kathy, Monica & Erica

We are proud supporters of the New Jersey Equality Blog!!! We believe people should be free to love who they want without being judged. If two people want to share a bond of marriage who are we as people to make judgement upon others. Our Motto is: Live (how you please) - Laugh (with joy) - Love (whoever your heart desires)!!!

Kathy - A proud daughter & stepdaughter to an amazing gay couple
Monica - A strong believer of freedom
Erica - A proud supporter of Gay Rights





Hayley O'Brien

I am a 19 year old student and I'm a supporter of gay marriage because I believe marriage is a human right not a heterosexual privilege.



Brittany Martinez

I am a 19 year old student who supports gay marriage because I believe that it shouldn't matter who you love; we should all have the same rights.



Daphne Victoria

I am a 29 year old healthcare rep. and I support gay marriage. My uncle is gay and is a very successful fashion designer. Because of him I design as a hobby. I feel we should not judge ANYONE for the way they want to live their lives.



Wendi Noriega

I am a 32 year old surgical coordinator in support of gay marriage. I have close friends who are always looked at wrong. I feel we are all equal no matter who we choose to love. It doesn't make us any different than the next one. We all breathe the same air and we all bleed red, so we are all alike and equal.



Chris Mora

I'm a 30 year old mother of two daughters, who has family members and friends that are gay. I am very proud to be their relative and friend since I love them very much and don't see them any different than a human being that just has so much love for their partner. I support gay marriage because a marriage is two people that have love for one another. It doesn't matter whether it's two people of the same sex or not. Love is love and there is no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment